It’s well-known that Alberta has some of the best potential for solar power in all of Canada. It’s also common knowledge that installing solar panels on your property can drastically reduce electricity bills. In addition to these benefits, a solar installation can also be an upgrade that pays for itself, protects your farm from rising energy costs, increases your property value, all while protecting the environment for future generations. It’s getting harder and harder to ignore solar energy so Richard Fleck of KCP Energy is back to talk to us about how Albertan agricultural producers can benefit from this exciting opportunity.
Topic: Solar Installations on the Farm
Date: June 1st, 2022 at 6:00PM
Presenter: Richard Fleck
Join us, Young Agrarians, the MD of Bighorn, and Richard Fleck from KCP Energy to discuss the many aspects to consider before installing solar panels on your farm. In this webinar, Richard will discuss:
- Alberta’s Micro-generation program and electricity rate structures for farms
- What you need to consider to size a system and get it installed
- Solar Equipment options and electrical integration considerations
- Financial performance of solar energy systems
- Tax benefits, system financing, and GHG credits for on-farm solar
- How to ensure optimal system performance
This webinar is a great opportunity for anyone who is interested in on-farm solar generation. We hope to see you there and feel free to bring any solar questions you have for Richard!
Want to learn more? We recommend listening to our podcast, On Farm Solar Alberta