- 1:45 – Barry shares his background.
- 3:16 – What types of forage should cows eat?
- 3:49 – What types of forage are bad for cows?
- 5:59 – Barry shares his top recommendations for feed alternatives.
- 8:27 – What should calf-cow producers should think about when purchasing feed alternatives?
- 13:28 – How do you determine what rations and amount to feed?
- 19:26 – What else should producers be mindful of when using feed alternatives?
- 21:50 – Can canola be used as a feed alternative?
- 24:30 – Barry shares his advice when planning for a drought.
Want to learn more?
Listen to the following episodes to learn more about feed alternatives and how to prepare your operation for a drought:
Our Farmers Blog is also a great source for stories of producers in Alberta who are going the extra mile with their management practices for the land, food and their communities.